It’s always fun for us to work with friends! And, especially this time! You see, Jim went to Furman University with us (Andy and Lesley)! Just like many Furmanites returning to Atlanta, Jim bought an adorable home years ago in Brookhaven’s ever popular Ashford Park neighborhood. What we all LOVED the most about Jim’s home was it’s amazing pool and outdoor bar! It was quite the party house. Jim decided to move back to Greenville and sell this adorable bungalow. Even better, he decided to trust his old friends to get it sold! It was our pleasure as it brought back memories and allowed us to chat even more with an old friend! Jim’s home sold in 1 day for 101% of list price! Congrats, Jim and thank you for your trust in us!
Colleen and Lesley go way back… back to Lesley’s teaching career in fact. Lesley helped Colleen purchase her first home, a condo in The Summit, Sandy Springs. This, of course, was before Colleen was married or had a beautiful little girl! With life changing, Colleen decided that it was time for a family home! So, Colleen entrusted Jennie Moshure, The Peters Company’s Lead Buyers Agent, to help them find a gorgeous new construction home in Cumming! We know that you guys are going to LOVE your new space! Jennie and Lesley are already looking forward to a visit once you guys get settled! Thank you, Colleen, for trusting our entire team! Lesley gets a little sad sometimes that she no longer gets the fun job of working with clients but she’s always happy to find Jennie a new client and friend. And, I’d say – she made a great connection!
Another one closed for one of our all-time favorite investors! Brandon has been with us since the market crash of 2010. While so many were scared to pick up any real estate for fear of another dip, Brandon took advantage of the opportunity and started picking up investment properties in Brookhaven’s Dresden Drive area! From his first deal in 2010 to our most recent one this month, Brandon has trusted us every step of the way! In fact, off the top of my head, I’ve lost count at how many transactions we’ve done together! This great Drew Valley home was a renovation with 3 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. Did we mention the beautiful master suite addition? Thank you, Brandon, for continuing to put your trust in us. We’re already looking forward to getting your next Ashford Park new construction on the market soon.
Wow! We sure have been lucky! It all started with your sweet mom, Cindy, who Andy met in his old water boy days! When Andy made the transition to join Lesley in real estate, Cindy decided that Andy could sell more than water and asked us to sell her home! Through that, we’ve had the pleasure working with your brother and sister-in-law and you guys! We’ve LOVED every minute! We’re so excited about your GORGEOUS new Cumming home! With three finished levels of living space, there is going to be plenty of room – almost a floor for each of you! We know the girls are as excited about their new home as you guys! Can’t wait to see pictures once you guys get settled! Big thanks for keeping The Peters Company in your family!
We have had the great pleasure of working with Paul and Kathy 4 times in the past few years as they relocated to Atlanta. We helped them purchase their gorgeous home on West Wesley in Atlanta’s beloved Buckhead community. But, shortly after that purchase, Paul and Kathy decided that they enjoyed real estate so much they wanted to become real estate investors. And, you know Andy… He loves a good investment! Last year, they purchased their first Buckhead investment property. In fact, we’re looking forward to listing that one later this week! This year, though, they decided to expand their territory into Brookhaven and picked up an amazing corner lot in Drew Valley from one of our very own seller clients! It’s been fun for us to help Paul and Kathy with their investments as it’s in our own blood! Can’t wait to help them sell this gorgeous Brookhaven new construction! Paul and Kathy, thank you for your trust in us!
We LOVE nothing more than REPEAT BUSINESS! Back in 2010, Andy had the great pleasure helping Valerie purchase a home in Brookhaven’s Drew Valley neighborhood! With foreclosures and distressed property abound, Valerie was able to pick up a SLAM DUNK of a deal on a great corner lot. It needed work and Valerie wasn’t afraid to take the project on! With the help of Haven REI, Valerie’s foreclosure quickly became an adorable and renovated contemporary in the heart of Brookhaven! In December, Valerie just happened to ask Andy if she thought now might be a good time for her to sell! They ran the numbers and determined that it was a great time! And, to make matters better… we had an investor in our back pocket that purchased the property in a couple of weeks and is even allowing Valerie to stay put until she finds her next home! Talk about a WIN-WIN! Thank you Valerie for not only trusting us with multiple home transactions but also for never keeping us a SECRET! We can’t thank you enough for always sharing your experiences with us with your friends and neighbors! Means the world to us! Best wishes for an easy move.
- 96.5% loan to value
- Up front mortgage insurance of 1.75%
- Lifetime monthly mortgage insurance of 1.35%
- Allows for Gift funds with no minimum borrower investment
- Allows for 6% seller paid closing costs
- Requires condominium projects to be on an “approved list”
- Allows for down to 600 credit score with Supreme Lending!
- More flexible with debt to income ratios – Supreme Lending will go up to 55% with no problems
- Allows for 3 yrs after a foreclosure or short sale – Also note Supreme Lending has the “Back to Work” FHA loan that allows for possible loans after ONLY 12 months
- Allows for only 2 yrs after a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy
- Allows for a borrower to be in a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and apply for a loan
- Fixed rate loans and limited ARM products are available
- Product is owner occupied ONLY
- 95% loan to value
- No up front mortgage insurance
- Monthly mortgage insurance is determined by credit score, debt ratio and property type but is typically much LOWER than FHA
- Monthly mortgage insurance drops off at 78% loan to value and can be requested to be removed at 80%
- Gift funds are allowed if the borrower has their own 5% – SUPREME LENDING will allow gift funds with no minimum borrower investment
- No required condo “Approved List”
- Minimum 620 credit score
- Debt to income ratios are tighter – typically only 45%
- No Mortgage insurance options are available
- Seller paid amounts are limited to 3% at 90.01% – 95% loan to value, 6% from 75.01 – 90% loan to value and at 75% and below it is 9% seller paids – investment property is limited to 2%
- Fixed rate and several ARM programs are available (3,5,7,10 year ARM)
- Foreclosures have a 7 yr waiting time period
- Short sales require 2 yr since completion at 80%, 4 yrs at 90% and 7 yrs to 95%
- Product allows for primary residences, second home and investment properties at varying loan to values and credit scores
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy is 4 yrs from discharge
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy is 2 yrs from discharge
If you have an questions regarding an FHA or Conventional loan and what would be the best option for you, don’t hesitate to give Scott Meldrum or Kim Nehiley a call at 404-667-3920.
And, if you’re looking for an Atlanta real estate agent to help you buy an Atlanta home, look no further! The Peters Company is here for all of your Metro Atlanta home buying and selling needs! Call us today at 404-419-3619.
We’d love to send out a huge congrats to Brandon and Deidra on purchasing their first home! It’s a big year for the couple with a wedding on the horizon, but they successfully tackled house hunting, and found an awesome deal and a gorgeous home. The couple met while at college in Milledgeville, so they both loved the feel of an older home. When a house in the desirable Berkeley Park area hit the market, they acted fast and scored an amazing craftsman style bungalow built in 1930! Brandon and Deidra got a crash course in first time home buying, and we thank them for being great clients!
Kristen and Jacob, congratulations on buying your very first home! When we first met with Kristen and Jacob, they knew exactly what they wanted, and where they wanted to live. However, the market had other plans. After visiting various areas and adjusting criteria, Kristen and Jacob exercised their patience and finally landed an amazing ranch home in the Wilson Woods neighborhood in Decatur – exactly where they wanted to be! We’re so happy you found a home for yourselves (and your new puppy!). Congrats, again!